RAILBASTARD

Rack off Normie, you and your mates...
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:57 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
This is RAILBASTARD

You're looking at our site as some mask wearing schmuck, so log in, sign up, or fuck off. If you don't, you won't be able to do jack. But by joining the bastard brethren, you'll be able to: talk shit, abuse shit and vote for shit... and if you're really special, be 'touched' by The Apparatus™™. Signing up is dead set easy, just hand over your oxen, five fat lambs, three maidens comely and true, and first born child and we'll do the rest.

<a href="/profile.php?mode=register">Join</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 153  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fucking morons on the roads
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:00 pm 

Bigged wrote:
I just love those videos where someone attaches the Snatch strap to the bull bar of the bogged 4WD and goes for the pull and ends up coming away with the bullbar.
Hilarious!
Sounds like Russell Coight's "All Aussie Adventures" (Glenn Robbins) http://www.bigcoight.com/

marvin
--------

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:23 pm 
Diamond Bollocks

KRviator wrote:
My snatch strap has a design limit of 8,000kg ...

Too much information! Oh, not that kind of snatch ... :hellokitty

"I look at breasts .......... aaaand I'm a detective - but mainly the breast thing." (Duckman)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 am 
Shit Magnet

biqua wrote:
KRviator wrote:
My snatch strap has a design limit of 8,000kg ...

Too much information! Oh, not that kind of snatch ... :hellokitty
Geez, I'm putting on a bit of weight, but not that much... :moon:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am 
Resident Science Geek

KRviator wrote:
Bwana wrote:
The bit I can't get my head around though is how the towball ended up being hurled forward (and seems to have occurred again in Chrismav's pic), I would have thought the force would be to pull the towball away from the vehicle (and into the towed vehicle). Can anyone explain the mechanics involved in the u-turn?
It would have been the the "other" car, ie it wasn't the towball of the car he was sitting in.
See I would have thought that too, but the article states:
Quote:
The tow ball catapulted, smashing through the back window of the vehicle where Mr Stein was sitting
(boliding mine), and the pic seems to be of the back door of the cruiser (note the wiper).

KRviator wrote:
Whe you start looking at it this way, it's not hard to see why a piss-weak towbll becomes the limiting factor, and especially where you have snatch recoveries, that by their very nature involve an awful lot of stored energy, things can go very wrong, very quicly.
I think you identified the pissweakness - tow ball are (generally) only rated to 2500kg, most of the recovery stuff is rated to three times that or more. I would imagine if it were to be rated for recovery (fat chance given that you aren't really securing the snatch strap securely, it can slide off pretty easily) it would be a similar number, after all the force is being applied to the same point in the same direction.

As for the more humorous comments, I'm still trying to imagine "snatching off the tow ball" :I'm sniggering creepily:

PS this isn't the only rebuttal I've written to KR today, just want you to know I'm not trying to get up ya, just happens I'm seeing the other side of your coins today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 am 
Resident Science Geek

Bwana wrote:
KRviator wrote:
Bwana wrote:
The bit I can't get my head around though is how the towball ended up being hurled forward (and seems to have occurred again in Chrismav's pic), I would have thought the force would be to pull the towball away from the vehicle (and into the towed vehicle). Can anyone explain the mechanics involved in the u-turn?
It would have been the the "other" car, ie it wasn't the towball of the car he was sitting in.
See I would have thought that too, but the article states:
Quote:
The tow ball catapulted, smashing through the back window of the vehicle where Mr Stein was sitting
(boliding mine), and the pic seems to be of the back door of the cruiser (note the wiper).
Ahh fuck, it's finally sunk in - they'd be towing out backwards, wouldn't they? Then of course it's quite easy to see how the towball of one vehicle could go in a straight line into the back of the other vehicle. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:17 am 
Shit Magnet

The foto isn't of the accident vehicle, it's another one where this happened, but they got away with it because it hit the back door, it didn't go through the window, I should have made that a bit clearer. :oops:

And don't stress about challanging things I've said, a healthy discussion is good, and helps see differing points of view.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:48 pm 
Resident Science Geek

KRviator wrote:
The foto isn't of the accident vehicle, it's another one where this happened, but they got away with it because it hit the back door, it didn't go through the window, I should have made that a bit clearer. :oops:
Yeah, I realised that, largely because the photo shows the towball in that case clearly didn't go through the window. The fact it seemed to have happened in more than one case was what made me so confused actually, any sort of freaky thing could happen once.

KRviator wrote:
And don't stress about challanging things I've said, a healthy discussion is good, and helps see differing points of view.
Cool. I'm sure I don't have to point out not everyone is like that though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:06 pm 
Defender of beers & BBQs

marvin wrote:
Bigged wrote:
I just love those videos where someone attaches the Snatch strap to the bull bar of the bogged 4WD and goes for the pull and ends up coming away with the bullbar.
Hilarious!
Sounds like Russell Coight's "All Aussie Adventures" (Glenn Robbins) http://www.bigcoight.com/

marvin
--------

Managed to do this the other night actually...

Coming home from dropping the sister-in-law off after work, I notice two people pushing a VY Commodore sedan up the North Stuart Highway. Being a good bloke I parked my ute in front and got the tow rope out. I asked the blokes pushing the car what the problem was and they said it'd run out of fuel.

I attached the towrope to the car and the two blokes walk away. What I didn't know was it wasn't their car, rather it was the bloke who owned it was in the drivers' seat. My English was a bit different to his English and after some hand gestures and help from the passengers in the back seat, I asked him if he wanted to be towed to the servo. He said "yep fella be great hey".

Off we go, Commodore (with six occupants) behind the Hilux at 20 km/h around corners and was all going sweet until we got to the servo. Now theres a bit of uphill run into the servo and this is where it went pear shaped.

I rolled up the hill to keep the tension on the rope but for some reason he tapped the brake. I didn't have the rope tied onto the strongest part of the car, rather I'd managed to tie onto the bumper bar support bracket.

As the tension on the rope increased, the bumper came off in one piece from the front of the car and went skidding into the diesel pumps much to the amusement of the onlookers. It was still tied to the ute but the clincher was when the bumper sperated, it took the automatic transmission cooler lines with it. Fuck it.

Worst part...he didn't need fuel, the battery had gone flat.

From now on...I go and talk to the person in the drivers seat first and get them to tie the rope on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:19 pm 
Resident Science Geek

On the topic of tows going awry, if you havent done it yez all need to go and see Charlie & Boots (although when I saw it a couple of weeks back it was getting hard to find a cinema showing it, might be even harder now). I won't ruin it for yez, but they need a tow at one stage and it doesn't exactly go as they had planned. :wink: For me it was by far the best scene in the movie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 am 
Highway Archaeologist

Why on earth did they use the towball and not tie it something stronger underneath the car?! I've only been bogged once but even I know that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:19 pm 
Highway Archaeologist

Good work, fucktard...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/steering ... -h39l.html

Quote:
Steering his car with his knees while using two mobile phones

MEX COOPER
October 19, 2009

A veteran policeman has branded a man, caught steering his car with his knees while holding a mobile phone in each hand, as one of the most careless drivers he has ever seen.

Acting Sergeant Rob Atkinson was in an unmarked police car when he noticed a city-bound Honda swerving in the far-left lane of the Eastlink tunnel about 3.15pm on Saturday.

As he pulled up beside the 30-year-old Fitzroy man, acting Sergeant Atkinson was stunned to see he was driving with one finger on the steering wheel as he held a phone in each hand.

Once out of the tunnel, the driver was pulled over and told police he had been transferring information from one phone to the other while gripping the wheel with his finger.

Acting Sergeant Atkinson said that, in 10 years on the force, the incident was one of the worst cases of careless driving he had seen.

The man was fined just over $500 and was penalised six demerit points.

"I reinforced the danger of this type of driving, especially within the tunnel and issued the man with two penalty notices," acting Sergeant Atkinson said.

Btw - Mex Cooper must be a Kiwi, surely? 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:58 am 
Shite Admin

Time will tell whether this belongs here or in the "Truckies" thread.

Quote:
Horrific smash: man's car rips in half
ARJUN RAMACHANDRAN
October 23, 2009 - 7:16AM

A man died when his car was ripped in half during a horrific smash involving two cars and three semi-trailers on the Mid North Coast last night.

The man died when his 2005 Holden Commodore sedan was torn in two and then became wedged under one of the semi-trailers in the crash, on the Pacific Highway near Macksville about 11pm, police said.

Two people in the second car, an early model Holden Commodore sedan, were unhurt, police said.

One of the truck drivers was taken to Macksville Hospital for shock, police said.

Police were investigating the circumstances of the accident, in which two cars and three semi-trailers collided on the highway five kilometres south of Macksville.

The highway was expected to remain closed for a number of hours as investigations take place and the crash wreckage is cleared, police said.

Traffic in the area was heavy, with no possible diversions for heavy vehicle, the RTA said.

A large number of trucks and coaches were queued for several kilometres in both directions from the crash site, police said.

Police recommended heavy vehicles use the New England Highway where possible.

Light vehicles were being diverted via Upper Warrell Creek.

Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to contact the Port Macquarie Crash Investigation Unit via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/horrific-smash-mans-car-rips-in-half-20091023-hbqf.html

In any case someone is to blame.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:34 am 
Resident Science Geek

According to WA police I am a "fucking moron on the roads".

WA Today story
Quote:
The deaths of two men who were changing a tyre on the new Perth-Bunbury Highway on Tuesday has sparked a warning to drivers that they should not be using the emergency lane to fix their car.
Main Roads managing operator Craig Wooldridge told 6PR drivers who break down on roads with a speed limit of 60kmh or more should not use the emergency lane.

''Even if it's a busy road, freeway aside, it's a dangerous situation to be standing next to while trying to change a tyre,'' Mr Wooldridge said.

He said drivers should call for professional assistance.

I have apparently done some fucking stupid things in my time - Changed a tyre on Joseph St, Lidcombe (70km/h main route N-S across Sydney), and worse still, after hitting a car that was broken down on the M4 (100km/h section), I stopped (with my car, hazard lights going, behind him) and helped push his car off the road. In my defence though, I was a learner back then. I'd love to hear what this genius reckon's I should have done under that circumstance actually, given that I was legally obliged to exchange details with him, can't imagine how I would achieve that without at least one of us getting out of the car on the freeway.

The "professional assistance" would have to get out too, although I grant they would have flashing lights much more noticeable than my hazard lights.

Or maybe these fuckwit beaurocrats could stop and ask why the fuckwit that killed these poor blokes couldn't stay the fuck in his own lane? That might mean a motorist might have to be found responsible for something. Heaven fucking forbid!

Quote:
''If you were at work and your employer asked you to stand half a kilometre away from a freeway you'd say 'no it's too dangerous'. Think about work safety in normal life, too.''
Bullshit. Half a fucking kilometre away you wouldn't even know the bloody freeway was there. Those poor buggers that man Mt Kuringai, Berowra and Cowan stations must be wearing brown undies to work every day!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 am 
Shite Admin

I've used the emergency lane to change a tyre or two as well. It's a sad frigging day when a bloke has to call the NRMA like some girly every time he gets a flat tyre.
That said, I get as far off the road as possible - if the tyre is on the passenger side then you're okay anyway. When it's on the driver's side you have to watch out. I've seen plenty of dickheads crouched down, arse crack hanging out changing a tyre with their bum cheeks scraping the wheels of the passing semis. If it's on the driver's side get the hell over as far as you can and you should have 2-3 metres to work with at least.

I've been driving along (slowly) city streets where there are building sites and several times have had tradies or labourers working on the path with their backs to the road, step back onto the road. It was only because I was expecting it to happen that I didn't hit them. Each time said bonehead was oblivious to the fact that his life had been spared!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:17 am 
Defender of beers & BBQs

Another one for the "only in the NT" file:

Driver almost decapitated

REBEKAH CAVANAGH

October 22nd, 2009

A DRUNK driver was lucky not to be decapitated in this accident when his car slammed into a truck, the tray of which then sliced through the driver's side of the hatchback.

The bonnet of the tiny car went straight under the truck and the back of the tray smashed through the windscreen narrowly missing the driver.

Police had not charged anyone last night but said alcohol was involved.

NEWSBREAKER Keith Sauerwald took photos of the crash after hearing the noise outside his home on Tambling Tce in Lyons in Darwin's northern suburbs about 3.15pm on Friday.

"I heard a hell of a bang and went out and saw the car wedged up the backside of the truck," he said.

"A woman sitting in the front passenger seat was scrambling out the smashed window with a beer in her hand and the driver was cursing and staggering around the place wanting to fight everyone."

Police, Fire and Rescue and St John Ambulance attended the crash.

Police said the driver of the car was "very aggressive" and "very intoxicated".

He suffered facial injuries and was taken to Royal Darwin Hospital for treatment.

Police said the driver and two passengers in the truck, as well as the three other occupants in the car, were not injured.

They were still investigating how the crash unfolded last night.

Picture at http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/10/22/94631_ntnews.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 153  Next