RAILBASTARD

It is currently 28 May 2017, 06:30

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
This is RAILBASTARD

You're looking at our site as some mask wearing schmuck, so log in, sign up, or fuck off. If you don't, you won't be able to do jack. But by joining the bastard brethren, you'll be able to: talk shit, abuse shit and vote for shit... and if you're really special, be 'touched' by The Apparatus™™. Signing up is dead set easy, just hand over your oxen, five fat lambs, three maidens comely and true, and first born child and we'll do the rest.

<a href="/profile.php?mode=register">Join</a>!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: I is twain buff an i knows things.
PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 09:25 

bigfella wrote:

Yes the story on that site regarding the NSW/Qld border to Gowrie section is as I understand it from local discussions. Presently studying four options with comments from public "welcome". They will announce the route later this year.

They selected a route in 2010. In 2011 there was a flood that inundated in a serious way their favoured route. I think that route is still favourite, but the dudes who own property along that route are putting up a pretty fair Nimby rear-guard action. This gets a lot of coverage in local media.

No one would be surprised that the mayor of Toowoomba is asking that they begin work digging the Gowrie tunnel while they sort out the details further south. A commercial enterprise is putting their money where their mouth is. They began building an intermodal terminal for squillions of dollars this month. It is not far from Gowrie so they are confident their location is good.

I wish I was a glow-worm, a glow-worm's never glum. 'Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 19:19 

This fucking thing has been in the detailed planning getting up to 20 years. F F S. And fuck off with the fucking censor.

PostPosted: 17 May 2017, 20:37 
Site Admin

Just an aside: I created the word jihad partially because you can swear. Using acronyms for things like "what the fuck" or similar shits me, because you don't need to self-censor.

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 16:32 

ninthnotch wrote:
Just an aside: I created the word jihad partially because you can swear. Using acronyms for things like "what the fuck" or similar shits me, because you don't need to self-censor.

It's OK, I had paprika in my grumpy pants that night.

Now, does anyone know what ARTC has planned for the old Totty yard since that will be the origin of this fabled Inland Rail service? Since it's a double-stacked design, the only feasible location to load is Totty and it will be interesting to see if they create a multi user yard. Sth Dynon can't be used due to the Bunbury Street issue. Maybe, they'll piss it off out to Somerton but the ARTC doco does say Tottenham.

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 19:46 
Site Admin

Somerton will be the place where steel ex PN goes SG > BG.

PostPosted: 19 May 2017, 22:00 

ninthnotch wrote:
Using acronyms for things like "what the fuck" or similar shits me, because you don't need to self-censor.

maybe the acronyms are not for self-censor, but because we cant be fucked typing 11 letters when 3 do the same job.
another person who had a run in with a cactus this week

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 00:35 
Site Admin

Look, I'm a fucking admin, and yet I still get caught by Br 'notch's wizadry on occasion. Just gives me a laugh is all. This is despite my having access to the entire lot - including ones the brethren haven't discovered yet.

You can abbreviate things, but I'd prefer proper English, because I am a staid old fart. And honestly, how long does it actually take to type "what the fuck"?

The Jihad is part of our make up. It's one of those things that makes Railbastard what it is.

(By the way, we turn ten in a week or two).

And miles to go before I sleep.

PostPosted: 22 May 2017, 06:09 
Resident Science Geek

I'm curious as to why 'fuck' makes it through the Amish word filter but milder words like sh1t don't.

PostPosted: 23 May 2017, 04:30 
Site Admin

Hmmm... No TV, no computers, no cars. And there's only so much barn raising you can do before you get jack of it. I'd say the Amish just fuck a lot.

And miles to go before I sleep.

PostPosted: 23 May 2017, 09:06 
Shit Magnet

Of all the things my friends post on FB, one who works for CountryLink posted this this morning. His timing couldn'a been more perfect, so for your viewing pleasure, I present:

PostPosted: 23 May 2017, 11:30 

Ah Weird Al. I remember this one well. The kids often quote this one. Good to know that Weird Al has passed on to another generation.
"Our Prices Art Insane".

Network: Any thing reticulated or decussated, at equal distances, with interstices between the intersections.
Reticulated: Made of network; formed with interstitial vacuities.
Definitions from Samuel Johnson's 1755 dictionary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13